Monday, June 2, 2008

A Few of the Things I Will Miss

The countdown has begun - we're at 17 days here people. Crazy. While I was running errands this morning I was thinking about how nice it is that I already know the good places to frequent in my neighborhood. I thought I would highlight these excellent establishments.

1. Burt Brothers Tires in Sugarhouse
Can't tell you how many times they've saved me. I took the neon in once to get the brakes fixed, instead they told me they just needed to be realigned. They fixed the problem and charged me like $35. It was awesome. Today I stopped in because the Maintenance Required light was on in the Pilot. They walked out to the car with me, showed me that it was because I wasn't screwing the gas cap on far enough. And then they showed me where my spare tire was. These are certainly things I should have known, but I love Burt Brothers nonetheless.

2. House of Bread
Recent discovery, delicious, all-natural ingredients, and saves me a ton of money because I'm not driving to Costco for good bread and spending a fortune on other things. Spencer is a bread kind of guy, so this might just save our fragile marriage :)

3. Dan's Grocery
They give you a discount if you bring your own bag, they help me to the car and unload my groceries while I load the girls, (when I was uber-prego they loaded the groceries onto the conveyor belt for me), they always have a treat of some sort for the kiddos while they shop - today was a balloon, and they hire the nicest people.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I need a good maintenance place, still haven't found one. Love Dan's.

Reza said...

RIP Olympic hills cove drive-I'm going to miss having a place to crash in holladay for my holladay...

Jessica said...

so you ended up getting the Pilot? that's awesome!! how do you like it?

Unknown said...

we are having the same type of nostalgia :) Utah has really been great to us!! That car place sounds great!!! Well here's to new adventures :)

Alicia said...

I'm so sad you aren't on your way to the East Coast, but we are so excited for you. When we're back in Utah I'll have to try Burt Bro. Dan's is a part of my childhood. Once the checker thought I was a boy (this was when it was located where Rite Aid is now)